14 July 2014
Posted in Press and Media
Local Community Cheers Orlando Science Center and Orlando Chamber of Commerce for its Commitment to Youth and Entrepreneurship
Program Launches this Fall at Orlando Science Center
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 11, 2014) — The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!), Orlando Science Center and Orlando Inc. (Orlando Chamber of Commerce) announce plans to launch the YEA! program this fall.
YEA! is a groundbreaking educational program that takes students in grades six through 12 through the process of starting and running a real business. Students work closely with local business leaders to cultivate and research business ideas, write a business plan, pitch their plan to a panel of investors (think "Shark Tank" meets "The Apprentice" meets "American Idol"), obtain funding, develop their brand, participate in a trade show at the end of the year, and actually launch their enterprise. Through the YEA! program, kids 11 to 18 years old start as students and graduate as CEOs. They learn to make a job — not just take a job.
- EiE Workshop — Catching Wind: Designing Windmills 05-23-2014 Photos
- Class of 2013-2014 Preschool Graduation Photos & Video
- Member Monday: May 2014 Photos
- Member Preview - Curious George: Let's Get Curious! Photos - 05-17-2014
- PR: Curious George Exhibit Returns to Orlando Science Center
- EiE Workshop — Catching Wind: Designing Windmills 05-08-2014 Photos
- Orlando Science Center Awarded $20,000 in Disney Grants Support