11 May 2010
Posted in Dr. Phillips CineDome
This is a fun activity courtesy of the people from Ultimate Wave Tahiti, coming to the Dr. Phillips CineDome on June 19.
You will need:
- A clear plastic bottle, about 20 oz (600 ml) size or smaller
- Rubbing alcohol, enough to fill the bottle half-way
- Mineral spirits, enough to fill the bottle half-way
- Food coloring, a few drops; you choose the color
Do these steps in a sink with help from an adult:
- Fill the bottle half-way with rubbing alcohol.
- Add three or four drops of food coloring to the alcohol and shake to mix.
- Add mineral spirits to fill the bottle and put the top onto the bottle. Be sure the top is tight!
- Hold bottle horizontally until the layers separate, then raise and lower one end to create waves.
For more information about different types of waves and wave features, visit www.ultimatewavetahiti.com/explore.