07 March 2013
Posted in History and Future
The Orlando Science Center and the Loch Haven Park community lost one of its founding partners last month.
Henry Kubik Jr. was a part of the visionary committee that saw Loch Haven Park as a cultural center. What was originally orange-grove land is now home to Orlando Science Center, Orlando Repertory Theatre, Orlando Museum of Art, Orlando Shakespeare Theater, Mennello Museum of American Art, Orlando Fire Museum and Orlando Garden Club. From the late 1940s through the 1950s, Mr. Kubik and other civic leaders set about their goal of transforming the area into the cultural hub it is today.
- 2013 Kinetic Challenge Photos
- The Corrosion Crisis
- Orlando Science Center Wins USGBC Central Florida 2012 LEED EBOM Project of the Year
- Cupid’s Chemicals: The Science Behind Falling in Love
- Beauty is in the “Phi” of the Beholder
- Turning Gaming Superheroes into Everyday Superheroes
- Wreck It Ralph 3D Member Benefit