Great Minds Begin Here
Capitalizing on years of experience educating and engaging Central Florida’s children through our many educational programs, the Orlando Science Center Preschool will enrich your child in a safe, hands-on PLAY based nurturing environment.
The Orlando Science Center Preschool features:
- Hours designed to accommodate busy work schedules.
Preschool hours are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Early drop available at 7:30 a.m. and late pick up ending by 6:00 p.m.
- Classes for ages 3-5 with age/developmental appropriate practices and activities.
- Early Childhood/Elementary trained staff, Level 2 Background screened, First Aid/CPR.
- Now a Voluntary PreKindergarten (VPK) provider for the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County.
- A world-class learning facility and environment.
- Well-balanced lunch and snacks provided.
With a curriculum based on the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Florida Department of Education, the Orlando Science Center Preschool will provide an educational setting that identifies and meets individual learning styles while stimulating progression at a child’s own pace. Science, math, literacy, music, art, and motor development, will be a regular part of your child’s day. Our Early Childhood educators offer years of experience, consistency, caring and a nurturing environment. By promoting independence and structure, a child will be able to progress and develop in a healthy manner.
Each day is filled with exploring the world through a child’s 5 senses. Using the curriculum “Creative Curriculum”, weekly themes and the exhibits within the Orlando Science Center, children will be actively engaged in stimulating and enriching learning centers and PLAY based activities. Children will gain social and emotional skills through interactions with peers and teachers on individual and group levels.
The Orlando Science Center has been in the business of sparking curiosity and inspiring discovery for years. Now, this expertise will be available to you and your child on a full-time basis during their Preschool years. All children in attendance must be fully toilet trained.
Annual Registration Fee (Non-Refundable) of $100.
Space is Limited. Reserve your place by calling 407.514.2112 today!
Contact the Preschool office at 407.514.2166 for information or to arrange a tour of the Preschool.
Florida Department of Children & Families certificate number: C09OR0729
18 February 2010
Posted in Preschool Program
The importance of an early learning experience is that playing is school readiness.
Environments that encourage play are environments that are preparing children for a love of life long learning. This is like a house with a strong foundation. The foundation supports the house of higher learning. Without a foundation, we have no strong house.
Seven things we must do with children each day are:
- Create – in dramatic play, art, discovery, blocks
- Move – takes in new information and uses both the inside and outside environment
- Sing – words and stories with your senses
- Discuss – communication, social skills, the need to be with others
- Observe – incorporating all of the senses (smell, touch, taste, see and hear)
- Read – read, read, read with variety
- Play – is the cement that holds our foundation together
These statements are taken from a presentation from Lisa Murphy, the ooey gooey lady and her workshop The Importance of Play.